facebook twitter pinterest rss feed

{beautiful northwest weddings, under $10,000}


9.8.12

{Real Wedding} $8K Eclectic (AKA my wedding!), part I

Ok. I finally got all the photos organized, and managed to decide which ones I wanted to share. With no further ado, I give you MY WEDDING! :)


As you may know from my previous post on our wedding budget, Stephen and I got married at Riverfront Park in Spokane. We were so happy when we saw how beautifully Erika Ellis Photography captured every special moment from our day.



We wanted our wedding to reflect our eclectic and fun personalities. I love all things vintage, and Stephen all things comic books. We wanted those loves to take part in the wedding, but not be center stage. And, finally, we still wanted it to feel like a wedding.

Yeah ... At this point I couldn't bend over, so my fantastic maid of honor had to put my shoes on me. :)




♥ {Saves} venue | desserts | flowers | photography | music | stationery

Our biggest save was probably our venue. By choosing a location that most people think of using for more casual events such as family BBQs--events that people generally don't expect to pay much to put on--we were able to score the locations for $500. 

Add roughly $500 in decorations such as draperies to make the ambiance a little more formal, and we ended up spending just about $1000 on the location. Not too shabby. :)



♥ {Splurges} dress | shoes | photobooth | hotel rooms | rentals

The photobooth definitely comes in first as our craziest splurge. We got our income tax return and automatically decided to spend over half of it on a photobooth (it was roughly $700)! 

That said, the photobooth turned out to be one of the best purchases for our wedding. Everyone loved it.



1 comment:

  1. I am way late on this... You look beautiful! I can't believe that I haven't checked back in so long. I love how unabashedly happy you look in every. single. picture. I only hope that I can let go enough on my day to look as carefree as you do! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Please read our comment policy before commenting.
Remember to choose a profile & enter the required information! Internet explorer users may have trouble. If you do, email me at lindsie@wed4lessnw.com.