facebook twitter pinterest rss feed

{beautiful northwest weddings, under $10,000}


26.6.12

{Real Wedding} $3K Bohemian in Washington

What do you get when you plan a wedding in Olympia for $3,100? This gorgeous bohemian wedding, photographed by Creatrix Photography.


Cassy & Josh wed at a private residence in Washington's capitol, and by DIY-ing everything, they were able to keep their budget super low.



♥ {Saves} venue | desserts | favors | food
From the bride: 
In all honesty, we saved a lot on our venue. Prior to finding the Showalters, I had tried booking three different places for the wedding and all had fallen through. Luckily my mother-in-law knew someone with the perfect place who only does events for close friends and family, so we really did luck out.





♥ {Splurges} photography
From the bride: 
Having pictures was really important to me because as a little girl I drolled over my great-great-grandparents' wedding pictures and only hope that one day my great-great-grandchildren will do the same. I also really can't explain my love for pictures, so it was only natural to go all-out there.




From the bride:
Josh and I decided to keep a few traditions in our wedding, like not seeing each other before the ceremony and writing our own vows. Well, Josh is the type of man who's gifted with words, so his vows were destined to make me cry, and I was anxious to see if mine would match up. They did. (: So our vows were the most special moment of our day for me.




♥ {DIYs} Invitations | Decor | Guest "Book" Canvas | Programs | Flowers | Desserts | Garter
From the bride:
My husband Josh and I really wanted everything about our wedding to be "us," so we did just that. The first project I worked on was our invites and RSVP's. I created everything in InDesign, printed them out on my home printer, hand stamped them, and off in the mail they went.
I also made my own bouquet and made each of my bridesmaids their baby's breath bouquets. My mom helped me make my garter out of lace from her old wedding gown, which was also my grandmother's wedding gown too. We attached Austrian crystals and silver beads to it for accents.





All photos in this post copyright Creatrix Photography
and submitted via Two Bright Lights.

♥ {Vendors} Photographer: Creatrix Photography | Venue: Private Barn (Showalter's) | Dress Designer: ASOS Caterer: Mike Showalter of Smoke'n

7 comments:

  1. Where is her dress from?? Love it. Perfect for petite girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gmurphy! As a petite girl myself, I totally understand the lure of this dress! It's from ASOS. I couldn't find this one on their site, but they have others that are very similar!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's that dress, actually!
    http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Lace-Dress-With-Scalloped-Neck/wjdll/?iid=1678672&cid=8799&Rf-200=20,25,5&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Cream&r=1&mk=VOID&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1MYWNlLURyZXNzLVdpdGgtU2NhbGxvcGVkLU5lY2svUHJvZC8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lindsie! (: I was on my phone when I was trying to post that link and for some reason it just wouldn't stay up, so I gave up! I'm glad you found it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress! That's exactly what I have in mind, although I'm tall, so it'll be a bit short. But that's ok because it'll be my wedding day, so who cares! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need this dress so badly! We are having a wedding on a cruise and after the ceremony I still want to go to the dinner and reception looking like a bride but without my big fluffy dress on!

    ReplyDelete

Please read our comment policy before commenting.
Remember to choose a profile & enter the required information! Internet explorer users may have trouble. If you do, email me at lindsie@wed4lessnw.com.